Wednesday 12 September 2012

Sizzix week: Michelle

Hi, 
Today Michelle is using the lovely Framelits die and stamps. You stamp your image and you have the die to cut it perfectly. No more wasting time with scissors... and less frustration too :).







She used them to make this 4 "walls" pop-up card which is truly beautiful. 


= = = = = = 

I thought I'd give the Sizzix Framelits Die and Stamp sets a whirl today. I must say when I first saw them in the shops I thought it was an expensive way of cutting out my stamped images, but after using them to cut out 5 chandeliers, 8 chairs and numerous birds not only was it quicker and a perfect cut every time, but my poor rheumatic fingers were far less painful than cutting by hand. I'm definitely a convert!
I've seen a few of these card/booklets around in blogland and thought the style perfect for showing off these fab stamps.


To make the base shape I cut four pieces of white card 8" x 4" and scored on the 4" mark to make 4 square card shapes.
Then I cut 8 pieces of patterned paper 8" long x a smidge under 4" wide and again scored on the 4" mark.
After inking all the edges I adhered one of the patterned papers at right angles to the card blank and repeated with the opposite side of the card. The bottom flaps of patterned paper were then overlapped and stuck to make one quarter of the booklet.
When this was complete all four cards were stuck together leaving the first card unstuck to make the front and back of the booklet. The 'floor'of the card was then folded up into the closed card so that the booklet would close.
To decorate I stamped a multitude of chairs, chandeliers and birds along with the Tim Holtz stamp and arranged them in each 'room'





To make this project, Michelle used:
Sizzix Framelits Die Set with Stamps - Chandeliers
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Good thoughts
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz: Stuff to say
Versafine ink pad - Onyx Black
Stickles - Glitter Glue - Crystal

Our special offer this week
Spend £30 on Sizzix products between Sept 10th and 17th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)


see you tomorrow




12 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea - love how the book folds down to create 'rooms'! I can see why Michelle chose the stamp and cut items! (I hate cutting out at the best of times). Wonderful to have so many pictures; I would like to see one more: the marking out of the pages which could then be used in conjunction with the text - just a thought on an otherwise very informative post.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever! I'm just awed by how amazing the four rooms are and in monochrome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic room settings - what a brilliantly constructed card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I like the limited use of colours. Very effective. Might have to have a play with this idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Amazing Michelle, and thankyou for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fabulous, I have the set with the chair and chandelier, and I have the bicycle, hmmm, how to combine those well the book idea would work I feel, inside and outside type of thing. Love your rooms and the rugs!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Never seen this book structure before, perfect for rooms of course but it might work for another theme.... The choice of paper and motifs is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this project! I collect these paper 3-d dolls' houses but somehow it never occured to me that I could make one myself durrr.
    Thank you, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Michelle! I haven't made one of these for ages (I used a different construction though). Thanks for reminding me. It's a brilliant showcasing for these stamps and dies. Very elegant 'rooms' you've created too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.