Thursday 13 September 2012

Sizzix week: Gio

Hi, 
Different style and definitely different colour scheme for Gio this week. She used the Sizzix dies and Kanban stamps to make to mini notepads.... Love them... 
What do you think?


This time I altered two mini notepads.

I covered the cover with Claudine Hellmuth gesso. Once dry I stamped it with Kanban clear rubber stamps using Jet Black Archival ink.
I covered the peacock die cut with Versamark ink and Cosmic shimmer Viola Black embossing powder and I melted it with the heat gun until shined.
I glued the peacock to the cover and I highlighted the shape with Barn Door Distress ink. 
I added a little detail to the heart centre stamping a piece of Viva Pardo jewellery clay: copper with the same plate, then I stamped the text "Love" using the Woodware clear stamp: Alphabet background.
To close the block notes I glued to the front a glass bead and on the back a piece of red fiber.
For the second notepad I used the die cut cockade as a closure, putting a red fiber through it and knotting it. 

It's all in the detail 
I even added a little pencil painted with Fresco Finish Paint London Bus to the side.






To make this project, Gio used:

Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set 3PK - Decorative vintage set
Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Embossing powder: viola black
Woodware clear stamp: Alphabet background 
Glass bead mix: Metallic
Viva Pardo jewellery clay: copper
Fresco Finish Paint London bus
Kanban clear rubber stamps - Winged heart, Romantic couple
Barn Door Distress ink
Versamark ink pad


Our special offer this week
Spend £30 on Sizzix products between Sept 10th and 17th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)


See you tomorrow




6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous! I love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful books. I love the black & white colouring with a touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two words: 'totally stunning'. I adore Gio's work and this is a fabulous gift idea.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work from Gio love the notebook cover lots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project and the stamps are great too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. The silhouette peacock is simple and elegant. Lovely project with a limited palette. Well done Gio

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.