Monday 10 September 2012

Sizzix week: Karen and Jane

Hi, 
Sizzix this week? how many Sizzix addicts out there? 
We now have an extensive range of dies on the website: Original, Tim Hotlz, Framelits, Bigz Pro, Pop-up, ScoreBoard, Sizzlits and more.. You can find them all HERE... 
There are over 340 dies to chose from on our website. You are spoilt for choice :o)






So let's start the week with Karen and Jane. Both of them used some of the latest animal dies, which are really cute




Karen made a lovely key ring. As she says.... 


 Something fairly simple: Meet Bruce. You can add him to a key ring, handbag or just have him hanging around on a hook waiting for his walk!
Using some leather I cut out 2 scottie dogs and sewed them together on my machine. The leather eye was cut in half and glued on with die cut felt eye to give some character. The bone was die cut with shrink plastic, coloured with pale blue pencil. This was attached to the top of the chain lead, next to the strap cut from a scrap of leather. A torn strip of fabric made the scarf.
Sizzix Bigz die...Scottie Dog
= = = = = = = = = = =

Now for the sample with Jane. She is really spoiling you today as she took the time to take a LOT of pictures to show you how the Pop n' Cut dies work






For this card I used the Pop'n'Cuts Base and Insert die. First you take out the insert die which comes with it and use the base die to cut your card..

Next, place the insert on the magnet with the notches on the base and insert dies together......(I am not using the insert that came with the die)

Cut your insert

I used the matching Sizzlets set to decorate the insert, then I stuck the insert into the base card.

For the next card I did not use the base die but cut a piece of Coredinations slightly bigger than the insert.

This is the insert which came with the base die and I used the matching Sizzlits set to cut a piece to stamp my greeting on..

Because the paper is so pretty, I decided only to decorate by adding adhesive gems to the inside. The outside I added some Tattered Florals diecut flowers but kept it very simple

Do have a play with these dies, they are lovely to work with and are very versatile!!
If you want to see some more samples using these dies, there is a lovely board in the shop made by Sandy. Do have a look they are beautiful!!!

Well I love diecutting and couldn't resist having a play with the new animal dies



Ooops, sorry owls are not animals so how about this one.

To make these cards just remember not to put the fold of the card completely over the metal cutting area......
(Sorry this picture isn't great but I wanted you to see that the fold was placed before the cutting line)


Wish mine looked like these!!!....

Die cutting is great fun, remember to check the instructions that come with your machine if you are not sure which plates to use!!


Materials used -

Sizzix Pop'n'Cuts Base and Insert Die: Horizontal A2
Sizzlets Hello Set and Love Set
Magenta Papers - Tea Garden and Peace
Hobby Art Stamps - Sentiments Set
First Edition Paper Pad - Dreamcatcher


Our special offer this week
Spend £30 on Sizzix products between Sept 10th and 17th and get a £5 voucher back
(you will find it in your parcel)


See you tomorrow




7 comments:

  1. Adore the little dog :) and what a simple way to make pop up cards :)
    Von ♥
    This word verifcation is a pain !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that little dog!! I want one of those! The pop up cards are lovely and it's so good to have all those pictures so we can clearly see what's going on. Thank you.
    I echo Von on the word thingy - very irritating although I understand you had a problem before of course.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dies caught my eye as soon as they were launched. Love the owl and the dog is so cute as well. Nice idea to use leather. I have some scraps here somewhere..... Thanks for the weeks special offerr. I am sure I will be unable to resist

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with Bruce he is adorable, can't resist Owls either, big fan of Sizzix I hate cutting out!!
    The pop up cards are growing on me too thanks for sharing your fab samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for these ideas, especially love the scottie dog in leather. I'm going to love this week as I adore die cutting, though only have a cuttlebug (at the moment!!))

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww adore everything. so sweet and very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sizzix, owls, and hedgehogs....what is not to love right!!! visiting from http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.