Wednesday 26 June 2013

Music week - Gio

Hi,
Well, Gio has done it again... even amongst the DT members, this project has been very popular and rightly so. Where does she finds the ideas, I would love to know... 
This was made from one of the mini suitcases you can find in the altering section.
Can't wait to read your comments on this project.






 I covered the paper-mache suitcase with paint  using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylic paint Nougat. When dry, I laid the Tando Masks - Andy Skinner: 8x8 Sunburst and I sprayed some Cosmic Shimmer Mister: Bronze Blush on all sides.
Tip: I "cleaned" the stencil on a piece of music sheet, face down, with the help of a brayer.

 I dried the ink with the help of the heat gun. I distressed a little bit the suitcase with some Distress Ink pad and DecoArt Traditions Artist Acrylic: Quinacridone Gold paint. I cut a piece of chipboard from Tando Creative: Music and notes , I tapped it with Versamark and I triple embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lustre Embossing powder: Copper Bronze. I glued it to the lid of the suitcase. I cut from a piece of metal 4 circles and I created 4 new corners, that I glued to the suitcase.
I gessoed the music sheet, I stamped the image from CI-366 - Musical notes plate using Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black. I cut it and glued to the inner side of the lid.
I build the vintage record player using cardstock and a piece of acetate coloured with Adirondack Alcohol ink - Pitch Black.



Tando Creative: Music & notes straight style 
Sheet of copper metal


See you tomorrow

10 comments:

  1. Oh so clever and really lovely, you are so imaginative

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Gio and have such fabulous ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so clever!! I never have ideas like this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome !!! Brava Gio !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation - I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully retro! Today's very young folk will say "What is it?" I spent hours and hours selecting albums from the Columbia Record Club magazines. This is a really cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Fabulous! I would love to know where the ideas keep coming from Gio, this reminds me of my first record player I got when I was 13ish and many happy hours with my records, I still have them all Fab!!
    Thanks for sharing

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! My husband is a record collector and I still play records too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, another completely fabulous make from the ever-inventive Gio - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.