Saturday 15 June 2013

Saturday Savers - Around the world - Sylvie

Hi, 
You are in for a treat today with this beautiful project, or "the art of recycling  a box of chocolate" with  Sylvie (trust her to have a lot of chocolate boxes to alter :D) 
A lot going on here, a lot of texture, details... and an amazing result... 
Enjoy!!


Box closed


Box opened

Inside


I started by painting my chocolate box with Fresco Finish Paints (Irish Cream & Nougat)
I then aged the box using Distress inks
On the Kaisercraft paper (75 cents collection: Penny) I stencilled the Village using Grunge Paste and a palette knife. 
I let it dry and added some Distress ink (here Vintage Photo)
I cut more paper to fit inside the box and glues them in
I cut the rectangles and squares from the Kaisercraft "Sovereign" and added them to the box. 

I then added some Distress Stain Walnut Stain on the edge of the box.
I cut 4 strips in kraft paper (here the back of one of the Kaisercraft paper), cut the corners, inked the edges and glued them to the box to make a "window"
I started covering the Tando Creative hot air balloons with paper

 I crushed eggshells (always good to keep some in a little box to add texture to your samples) and inked them with Distress Stains (Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade)
I then applied some Glossy Accents on the hot air balloon and added the eggshell bits, alternating the colours
I added another layer of Glossy Accents once you have finished
I did the same for the second hot air balloon
For the 3rd one, I applied a layer of Grunge Paste and added a pattern with a knife before it dries


 Once dry, I added a coat of Fresco Finish Mermaid, a bit of Distress Tea Dye and Vintage Photo inks and some Treasure  Gold classic
I cut some brown cardstock border before aging them with Distress Stains
I stamped the clock from CI-353 on a Kaisercraft paper and cut it out to add it to the front of the box
I stamped CI-336 on a spare piece of paper, only kept "around the world" and added it to the box 
To finish, I added the embellishments: string, metal etc.


 Details





Sylvie used
Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Tea Dye)
Distress Stains (Walnut Stain, Salty Ocean)
Crafty Individuals stamps : CI-353, CI-336 
Imagination Craft Stencils "village"
Nestabilities: Marvelous squares 
Tim Holtz alterations: On the edge die
Marianne Design Creatables: Anja Lace
Kaisercraft Paper - 75cents collection (Penny, Sovereign) : 
PaperArtsy Fresco finishacrilyc paints: Irish Cream, Nougat, Mermaid 

See you tomorrow


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic ! So many details to hold the interest of the viewer and so many techniques too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb project as usuals !!! Fantastic idea to use the eggshells like that, and nice details like this "window", great great great ! Gros bisous Sylvie ! :)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.